Study in Canada
The United Nation has ranked Canada as one of the best countries to live in. Canada is known for its beauty and quality of life. Almost 1 lakh students go to study in Canada every year and even more people go to settle permanently to live and work in Canada. Students from India needs a study permit to Study in Canada, or a temporary resident visa depending upon the visa rules in force from time to time.
We at Best immigration Consultant assist the students in getting admission in reputed Government Colleges & Universities and help you decide the right course as per your previous education and work experience. We also keep in mind your settlement options after you complete your Education in Canada. We have a separate wing of Immigration services and got registered agents on our panel to help our students get work permit approvals after they join the course and file Immigration petition on completion of studies in Canada.
SDS – Study Direct Stream
Canada is a famous education-destination for International students as many courses are offered to International students every year. Many Indian students are fascinating towards the Canadian study techniques and multicultural environment. Canada has launched a new rule, SDS (Study Direct Stream) for applying the student visa. Scotia bank is the supporter of the SDS Program,
which is a leading Canadian financial institution. Scotia bank will provide an opportunity to eligible and deserving students to purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate.
The new rule is more beneficial than the previous rules as students can get financial support from the amount that they have deposited in their Scotia bank account, this will reduce some burden of the international students. Now financially weak, but eligible students also can apply student visa for Canada. Number of Canadian visa applicants are increasing rapidly. This new SDS Program will speed up the Visa Processing for full time studies. SDS has replaced SPP, which was started in 2009.
- The primary change in new rule is the band requirement and one year fees payment.
- Students need 6 bands overall and 6 bands in each module to apply under SDS rule.
- Students have to pay full year fee instead of paying one semester fee.
Following are some requirements that students need to meet before applying under SDS Program.
- Admission in a full-time program in a publicly-funded College or University.
- An IELTS score card with minimum 6 bands overall and 6 in each module.
- GIC proof from Scotia bank/ICICI Bank Canada to cover living expenses for the stay of first year in Canada.
- Payment proof of the tuition fee paid for 1st year.
- Medical Report at least one week before submission of the application.
- Valid academic qualification proofs from Matriculation to Last Qualification.
- Gap Proofs ( if have )
Requirements for Canada Study Visa
- A valid passport: Passport is the main requirement for any kind of visa. Students require a valid passport in order to become eligible for applying a Study visa. According to the Canadian High Commission, International students must have a passport with a validity that can cover their intended stay in Canada.
- Proof of Funds: Students have to show proof of Funds at the time of Study Visa Application. Such funds are to prove that a student has enough funds to pay tuition fees for one year as well as daily expenses. So, GIC proof of Scotia bank/ICICI Bank is required for the study visa application of Canada.
- Passport Size Photographs: Students need two passport sized photographs of given standards.Note:-Image size should be at least 35 mm X 45 mm.-The Image should not be older than 6 months.-Background should be plain or white.
- Medical Examination : International Students who want to go Canada for higher study have to pass through a compulsory Immigration Medical Examination. Students have to visit the listed doctors for a Medical examination, preferably a week before the starting of Visa Application.