Tourist Attractions in USA
Statue of Liberty
A universal symbol of freedom, the Statue of Liberty is America’s most familiar icon and the largest statue in the world. Standing 152 ft in New York Harbor, visitors can admire the statue from various points around the city, particularly Battery Park, or take a ferry right to the statue. For people who plan to go out to the statue, options include grounds tickets, pedestal tickets, or crown tickets, which allow different levels of access to the site. Anyone who plans on going inside the Statue of Liberty is encouraged to make advanced ticket reservations.
New York, United States
This incredible natural attraction is one of the most visited places in the United States. Carved out by the Colorado River, the Grand Canyon cuts deep into the landscape, creating dramatic cliff walls and ledges. Visitors standing on the rim of the canyon can see down to the canyon floor a mile below, and look out over the ridges and cliffs that run as far as the eye can see. The South Rim is the most visited section of Grand Canyon National Park, with a large visitor’s center, regular bus service along the Rim in the high season, and a walkway that runs along the canyon with numerous viewing points and platforms. The North Rim, which also has lookout areas, provides a different perspective. This section of the park has limited access from November to May due to snow and winter conditions.
Arizona, United States
The White House is the official residence of the President of the United States, and on almost all tourists’ list of things to see in Washington. This historic structure has been the home of every president except George Washington. It was originally built by James Hoban in 1792 and, after being burned down by British forces in 1814, was rebuilt in 1818. Tours of the White House are free, but reservations must be made a minimum of three weeks in advance. Strict security rules are always in effect.
Washington, DC 20500, United States
Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park is home to a huge ancient volcano which has resulted in a dramatic landscape and awesome natural phenomena. Geysers and hot springs, along with incredible waterfalls along the Yellowstone River are just some of the attractions drawing in huge numbers of tourists each year. The park, the oldest national park in the USA, is also home to all kinds of wildlife, with free roaming bison, bighorn sheep, antelope, black bears, and grizzly bears.
western United States in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming.
Golden Gate Bridge
Arching across San Francisco Bay, joining San Francisco and Marin County, the Golden Gate Bridge has been a California icon since it was built in the 1930s. Contrasting with the blue water, the bridge’s orangish-red color is an aesthetic accent that brings a unique quality to the city. It also has a unique presence when it is shrouded in fog with just the peaks of the main towers projecting through the low lying cloud. The bridge is approximately 2 miles long and part of Hwy 101 or SR 1.
San Francisco, Marin County
Walt Disney World
The most visited vacation resort in the world, Walt Disney World opened in 1971 and is located near Orlando, Florida. The attraction is part of Walt Disney World Resort, which has 27 themed hotels, four theme parks and two water parks. The first theme park to open at the resort was Magic Kingdom, followed by Epcot and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Each park offers plenty of family-friendly entertainment, including rides, live shows, tours and special events.
Orlando, FL, USA
It was originally known as “The Six Grandfathers,” and was renamed in 1885 after prominent New York lawyer Charles E. Rushmore. The Mount Rushmore National Memorial is located in Keystone, South Dakota and features 60-foot sculptures of the heads of four U.S. presidents: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln. Construction on the memorial began in 1927 and was completed in 1939. Each president was originally going to be depicted from head to waist, but lack of funds forced construction to end prior to completion.
Keystone, SD, USA
Empire State Building
Named for New York, the Empire State, this 102-story building has a roof height of 1,250-feet. It was the world’s tallest building for 40 years, until the original World Trade Center’s North Tower stood over it. It’s currently the fifth tallest skyscraper in the United States and the 34th tallest in the world. The building was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1986 and has been named one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
New York, NY, USA
With more than 50-acres of parks, shops, restaurants and a large Ferris wheel, Navy Pier is a popular tourist spot in Chicago. The 3,300-foot long pier was named Navy Pier in 1927 to honor naval veterans who served in World War I. It was opened to the public in 1916 and was built by nationally-acclaimed architect Charles Sumner Frost. In May 2016, a new 196-foot Ferris wheel was opened, which has brighter lights and extended rides from seven minutes to 12 minutes.
Chicago, IL, USA
Located on the central coast of California is Hearst Castle. It was designed by architect Julia Morgan for newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst, who died in 1951. The castle features 56 bedrooms, 61 bathrooms, and once was the site of the world’s largest private zoo. There is also the Neptune Pool, which gives visitors a scenic view of the mountains and the ocean, however, the pool is drained due to drought conditions.
San Simeon, CA, USA
FAQs for B2 Visa:
- My child is below 14 years. Is it compulsory for him to attend the visa interview ?
Yes, children below 14 years are required to attend the visa interview.
- Do Indian nationals qualify for the Visa Waiver Program ?
No, Indian nationals do not qualify for the Visa Waiver Program.
- What do I do if I was denied a US B-2 visa before ?
If you were denied a US B2 visa before, you have to go through the entire application process again.
- What is B1 and B2 Visa ?
B1 Visa is issued to people who wish to visit the United States for business purposes. It is also known as ‘Visitor for Business’ Visa. This Visa is jointly issued along with the B2 Visa. The B2 Visa or ‘Visitor for Pleasure’ Visa or Tourist Visa is issued to people who wish to visit the United States for tourism purposes.
- What is the difference between B1 and B2 Visa ?
B1 Visa is issued for temporary business purposes while B2 visa is issued for tourism and non-business purposes in the US. Generally, both these Visas are granted together as a B1/B2 Visa by the US embassy.
- What is a B2 Visa ?
B2 Visa is a tourist visa issued by the United States to people who wish to enter the country for tourism purposes. It is a multiple entry non-immigrant visa and is generally issued along with the B1 Visa.
Qualifications And Eligibility Requirements For B2 Visa
To apply for a B2 visa, you have to prove to a consular officer that you qualify for the visa as per the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). You can do so in the following ways:
- By providing proof of the purpose for which you plan to visit the United States.
- By proving that you plan to stay in the United States for a limited time period.
- By proving that you have sufficient funds to cover all your expenses during your stay in the US.
- By proving that you have a residence outside the US. You should also provide proof that you have economic and social ties because of which you will have to leave the US when your trip ends.
Documents Required For B2 Visa
While applying for a B2 visa, applicants have to bring the following documents along with them to the Consulate or Embassy when they come for their visa interview:
- Valid Passport (current and old passports).
- DS-160 form confirmation page.
- Application fee payment receipt.
- Copy of appointment letter.
- Current income proof, tax payments, ownership business or property, or assets.
- Travel itinerary and other explanation for the trip you have planned.
- A letter from the employer. This letter should mention your designation, salary, employment period, authorized vacation (if any), etc.
- Court or criminal records in case of conviction/arrest anywhere. It has to be provided even if you were pardoned or have completed your sentence period.
Depending on the applicant who is travelling to the United States, the following documents have to be provided:
- If you are a student, you should bring your recent school result, diplomas/degrees and transcripts with you when you visit the Consulate or Embassy for the interview. You should also get financial proof such as bank statements (monthly), FD (fixed deposits) slips, etc.
- If you are a working adult, then you should get a letter from the employer and your recent 3 months’ pay slips.
- If you are visiting a relative in the US, you should get a copy of your relative’s status proof. For example – valid visa, Green Card, Naturalization certificate, etc.
- If you have visited US before, you have to bring any document that proves your visa or immigration status.
If you are visiting US for the purpose of getting a medical treatment, then you must provide the following documents:
- A medical diagnosis from the local doctor that explained the nature of the illness and the reason for treatment in the US.
- A letter from the medical facility or doctor in the US, who expresses the will to treat the illness. This letter should mention in detail the cost of treatment and the expected duration. The treatment cost should include the fee of the doctor, hospital and other medical expenses.
A declaration by the organization or individuals who are sponsoring the medical, transportation and living expenses. The sponsors should provide proof that they can bear this cost through their bank statements, savings/income statements or through their income tax returns copy.
How To Apply For B2 Visa ?
Follow the steps mentioned below to apply for a B-2 visa:
- Complete the online application. You have to fill the DS-160 form. Ensure that you read the guidelines before filling the form and provide accurate information. While filling the online application form you have to upload your photo. Make sure you have a photo in the required format. Once you submit the form, you will not be able to make changes. Take a print out of the confirmation page.
- Pay the visa fee. Print a copy of the payment confirmation page.
- Schedule the visa appointment. To do so, you have to login on the visa page and click on Schedule Appointment, which is present on the left menu of the dashboard. You have to schedule 2 appointments. First appointment for the interview at the Consulate or Embassy and second appointment for the Visa Application Center (VAC). The appointment with the VAC is to complete the photo and fingerprint scan process and it has to be done one day before the visa interview. To schedule the appointment you have to provide your passport number, the date on which you paid the fees and the barcode number (10 digit) mentioned on the DS-160 form confirmation page.
This process will allow you to choose your visa type, fill in personal information, add dependents, confirm visa payment, choose the delivery location and schedule appointments.
- For the appointment with VAC, you have to get the following along with you:
- Valid passport. Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months after your intended stay period in the US. If two or more people are included in your passport, each individual has to submit a visa application.
- DS-160 form confirmation page.
- Page confirming the appointment.
- One photo as per the United States visa specifications has to be submitted if the applicant is below 14 years old.
- For the interview at the Consulate or Embassy, you have to get all the required documents. Prepare for your interview. Based on the interview, the consular officer will decide if you qualify to get the visa or not. If your visa is approved, you will have to pay a visa issuance fee.