Study in UK
UK offers a great opportunity to nearly half-a-million International Students who are studying in UK Colleges or Universities. The United Kingdom has always attracted students across the globe for its well respected standard of teaching. As an international student planning to pursue a course of study in UK, it is important to obtain a visa to stay in the country. Students from India should apply for the UK student visa depending upon their duration of study and age. Students applying for graduate/ post-graduate/ doctoral programmes should apply for Tier 4 (general) visa.
How to apply for UK student visa – requirements
The UK Border Agency manages all the procedures related to immigration and visa applications. All prospective applicants have to fulfill the point based system to get a study visa. One must obtain 40 points to be eligible for a tier 4 visa. To achieve this, you should have received a letter of confirmation or Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the university you have applied for studies. The concerned university should be recognized by the UK Border Agency. Following are the required documents which are required for study visa:-
- Student visa application form completed by a student.
- A letter of acceptance of the course in which the student wants to apply.
- A student must provide an evidence of having sufficient funds. You need to provide money to meet basic expenses for a period of up to 9 months. 800 pounds for living in a city and 600 pounds if you are living outside London.
- Confirmation of visa fees payment.
- A student must give payment slips.
- Students must provide original academic credentials.
- Scores of tests like TOEFL, GMAT and IELTS.
A valid passport of a student.